Six hours to save the world! Deep in the Karniferous Forest, an evil villain plans to destroy life as we know it. Naturally, only you can stop him.
Along the way you'll meet many creatures determined to defeat you in your quest. Armed with the right weapons, you can take them on - but keep an eye on that ever-ticking clock...
A real-time, graphical text adventure written in pure BASIC.
- In the forest, use the tree patterns to help you navigate, and try climbing the tree in the clearing.
- A boat trip to an island may be helpful.
- There is an old mine shaft somewhere in the forest. You can access it if you dig in the right place.
- For some reason, the ghost can be bought off.
- When the bomb is set, the PM indicator on the clock will flash.
- Typing "HELP" in different locations reveals different hints - in appalling rhyming couplets.
- Unfortunately, the text parser is very primitive so
you have to be very precise (and lucky) to make the
right things happen.
Object names may not be abbreviated
and commands must be in one of the following forms:
verb object WITH object
- Known verbs
- BRIBE, CLIMB, DIG, DEVELOPE, DOWN, DRILL, DROP, EAST, GET, KILL, LIGHT, LOOK, NORTH, OPEN, SOUTH, START, STUDY, TIE, TYPE, WEST.
- Special commands
- HELP, QUIT (to menu), END (the game).
- You can teleport to different locations by pressing Break, entering "LET CELL=" and
a location number, entering "CONTINUE", and the typing "LOOK".
Here are some location numbers:
- The clearing in the forest
- LET CELL=1
- On the jetty
- LET CELL=41
- On the beach
- LET CELL=52
- By the keypad on the ground floor
- LET CELL=90
- The school room
- LET CELL=97
- The reactor room
- LET CELL=105
- In the mines
- LET CELL=108
Original back-story text (1985)
Deep in The Forest, close to the River Lure, lies a small clearing with a central tree. Near to this place is situated Dr. Karnige's lair where lies the ultimate threat to life as we know it.
The deadly enzyme being prepared here will destroy all known life forms, instantaneously. This enzyme is due to be released into the atmosphere at 2400 hours.
Only 8 hours before this time did the World Security Organisation discover this fact. An emergency meeting was held via Intertellinks and the conclusion was that someone should be sent out to destroy the enzyme.
The enzyme was known, and the congress was told that it could only be destroyed by removing the power source needed to keep it stable until maturity. To this end, it was decided that a man should be sent out with a bomb to do this.
You have been chosen. You have been briefed and dispatched into the clearing by Telebeam. Unfortunately, this has meant that the bomb broke up and has been forced deep into the earth.
You must find the bomb and destroy the reactor. You may meet creatures resembling those of ancient mythology, on your quest. These are Dr. Karnige's creations which will survive the enzyme and serve him. Consequently, they are all dangerous. Killing them may be easy, or not, depending on their identities.
Only 6 hours left...
Download for use in your ZX Spectrum emulator.