Example star chart display. (Psion Series 5mx)
main features 1
- Planetarium display.
- The sky as it appears to the observer, in any direction.
Azimuthal projection for natural-looking displays.
Show up to 5000 stars, 150 other objects, Sun, Moon and planets.
View from any city in the Psion's built-in world time database.
- Star atlas display.
- All the features of the planetarium but with the display aligned as an atlas.
- Orrery and moon-phase displays.
- 3D orrery can be viewed from any angle.
- Galilean moon and rings of Saturn displays.
- The positions of the four largest moons of Jupiter and the rings of Saturn.
- Day/night map of the world.
- Featuring both solar and lunar terminators.
- Easy-to-use "Sky view" button.
- Display and rotate planetarium with two pen taps.
- Point-and-click pan and zoom.
- Use pen or cursor keys to select a new centre for the chart and zoom in or out.
Identify objects near the cursor.
- "Quick visibility" display.
- What solar-system objects can been seen at the moment?
Fast cylindrical map projection.
Automatically aligns to north for southern hemisphere.
- Large astronomical database.
- Find stars and other objects by name.
- Detail panels for many objects.
- Including rise and set times, and apparent magnitude.
- Low storage requirements.
- Base installation around 200K 2
Awarded 5 Cows by TUCOWS EPOC Software.